Now that the Tour de Cure is over, it is time to begin training for the next local two day bike event. The MS-150 is going to be October 3-4, 2010 this year. Luckily, so that your training, and actual ride, for the MS-150 is safe your FBA First Coast Chapter Director and NFBC President, Jeff Hohlstein, is providing a special Bike MS Traffic Skills 101 Course. It is recommended for all Bike MS riders and team captains, and any cyclists of any skill level.
- WHAT: This class os specifically designed for endurance road cyclists that typically do the Bike MS. It covers traffic law, bike equipment, becoming a more confident bicylist by riding your bike like a motor vehicle, and asserting your right to the road. You'll learn injury prevention, crash avoidance through on bike skill practice, and do a group ride that includes optional pace line training. A Student Manual will be included also. This is a League of American Bicyclists certified course.
- WHEN: Class is one day: Saturday, June 12, 2010 from 7:45am to 4:15pm.
- WHERE: LakeShore Bicycles & Fitness, 2108 Blanding Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32210.
- COST: General registration is $35.00. Members of Bike MS ride teams receive a special group rate of $30.00.
- BRING: Bicycle, helmet, sunglasses, water and/or sports drink, lunch or lunch money (Subway Sandwiches). We'll furnish coffee and donuts upon arrival. The morning session will be in the classroom, while the afternoon session will be on the bike. There will be an opportunity to change into cycling clothing before the on-bike activities will begin. Road, mountain, and hybrid bicycles will all be suitable.
- REGISTRATION CLOSES: June 8, 2010. You will receive preclass materials to study and an open book exam to be completed before class.
- TO REGISTER CONTACT: Jodi Hohlstein, 904.291.8664, or email at email@example.com for confirmation of date and complete registration packet. Register early since class size is limited to 17 students.